Keep the magic?

 In the post Christmas haze I’ve had a bit less jingle and I sigh hoping that magic that was so palpable the week before will linger. Yet,  I know the perfect combination of twinkle lights, sugar sprinkles and magical anticipation is rarely kept outside our hearts and memories. 




The tree is up and will be another week or more, but they don’t turn its lights on as often as before. 


The gifts are all opened and eagerly played with across the floor. The ideas of what’s next are budding in minds as we look ahead. 


I bustle about organizing at times, and others just playing and letting a bit more mess lay about, knowing I’ll be cleaning again soon. An overall tired settles in without want or need of a push or project. And that’s ok.


I miss the magic and humming of carols  as busy in our day. But just like the radio station that played Christmas music all season, we too must switch back to regular programming soon. So I’ll settle into this deceleration of sorts. Welcoming the new year soon with celebration and rested hearts. Cheers to a successful magical season, and cheers to the next season ahead, whatever that may hold… Be Brave Mom. 

Comments

Popular Posts