August is a fickle month

This season ends summer but still behaves as it. My mom heart aches a little more in August because the blissful freedoms and fantastic dreams of summer we fantasize about all year are coming to an end, and I wonder if the dreams were all achieved. 


Schools are starting up again and I begrudgingly snooze all those first day photos popping up in my feed. I delay our start to September hoping to sit by and gain some sort of last glimpses. We also celebrate by daughter’s birthday at the end of August and although it is a delight to decorate the house in Barbies and pink, the growing up of my youngest compounded with the end of summer kicks me in all the feels and can make my momma worries spiral. 


So blast you August with your one last pool parties and sunshine weather. I should just call you what you are, a transition month! BAM! It’ll take you to get used to the idea of one year older, cooler weather thoughts, s’mores, pumpkins and sweatshirts. 


I am very aware a new season will launch itself and time will roll on with it too. A season of colorful leaf collections and snuggly fireplace sits. A season of struggles and adventures, hot chocolate walks and story time picnics. I’m very aware there’s a lot to look forward to after August. So let’s get there and get on with it! 



Comments

Popular Posts