Celebrate the recovery

 Today was bumpy. A Monday proving itself … kind of bumpy. A tears over sock choice, math fact monster, left footed kind of bumpy day. 


I sometimes want to curl up at the end of a bumpy day and focus on the things that “went right.” Like a successful skill mastered, a good dinner made and served on time, moments spent outdoors playing unplugged in fresh air, a to do list item completed…. But today I chose to celebrate the recoveries (and there were more than one) as much as the victories. To be proud of how we handled the fuss and cuddled and calmed, how I didn’t get mad, how he didn’t give up. 


I’m so quick to measure accomplishment by what went right, but today I think I’ll be most proud of how we handled what went wrong. 

#bebravemom 



Comments

Popular Posts