Hope blooms

 

Last Spring (2021) we planted a pink saucer magnolia tree in the front yard. I named her Hope. With all the anxiety and unknown in the world at that time, I took a gamble and hoped for better days. I hoped for bravery and certainty to collide. I hoped for a sign that I could rely on. Mostly I hoped that when we’d venture out our driveway soon, we’d look at Hope the magnolia and feel reassured that better had come. 


Today, about one year after we planted Hope, I’m still uncertain even as the world seems to believe I should not be. I can’t say that the stars aligned with a sure sign for reassurance or comfort, but I can say I’m braver now than I was before. I can say that I’ve done and continue to tackle challenges I never thought I would.  I’m confident in my pace, my strength, and that of my family. I continue to see promise.  Now as I look at my brave magnolia bloom, I see life goes forward and I must grow too. 

Comments

Popular Posts