I’m 10 years older…



I’m 10 years older, you can see it in the lines on my face, but I wouldn’t change it because 10 years ago I took the title I was meant to have, mom. 


Today I celebrate my 10 year old with decorations, chocolate cake and an abundance of video games. Today I marvel at his height almost reaching my own while still feeling his little body curled at my chest. Today I get my butt kicked at Mario Kart by him while remembering how I championed his first wobbly steps across the floor. Today I teach him still but in ways I never imagined I would 10 years ago. 


Simultaneously, as I celebrate the 10 year old boy who made me mom, I also take victory in being a mom for a decade. I’m now a mom of two, and with that decisions that once rocked my world seem effortless and routine, yet I can still fluster at the silliest moments. I am definitely older, wiser, and so much more tired than I was before. I have taken a new angle on adventure and now meet challenges for our family with determination and perspective. I can be proud of the crazy inventive games I create to homeschool my kids. I am happy with simple walks outside or spontaneous park visits. I love that the safest place in my kids’ worlds is my arms. 


10 years ago I bravely held my son as his blue eyes gazed into mine. It was at that moment I knew I would always love him, protect him and give my everything to make his world a better place. It was at that brave moment I became his mom.  

Comments

Popular Posts