I wear yellow






 I wear yellow to support happiness. If there ever was a cause worth supporting, I think this is it. 


In a  gray Midwestern winter that seems to hold us captive indoors with a seemingly dark palette outside, I choose yellow. The sun may only shine into the windows a mere glimpse at a time, but its warmth is a gentle reminder of spring to come. So in the meantime, yellow it is! 


To embrace my comfort color, I did start by rage cleaning the house, but then added touches of spring as if to will it back soon. 


I started with yellow placemats accenting the dinner table with a simple lavender scented candle centerpiece. Next I redid our mantle with a fresh color family photo and yellow and white faux blossoms blooming from vases within the composition. My favorite addition was in the kitchen, a grocery store bouquet of yellow roses! I trimmed them and added a small vase within a huge light colored crock to house these beauties, and accompanied it friendly linen candles I scored at Aldi! The kitchen was also filled with bananas on the counter and coffee cake muffins with yellow papers of course. When I finally showered my “choose happy” yellow sweatshirt was an obvious choice too wear too.


I’m totally serious, it helped reduce the funk and slump while  raising smile quotas in my house! A win for sure. Bonus my family all chimed in and gave me support and/or grief on my new yellow fondness… an equally rewarding thing. 

Comments

Popular Posts