Grateful for 2020

 I’m not like most, setting fire to this notability different year and grateful it’s over... instead, this mom is grateful for all the gifts of 2020.


Usually I make a list on New Years Eve that recaps our year. It includes zoo visits, school plays, birthday parties.... as well as fun projects and silly sayings, accomplishments and rememberences for the year. 



This year my list looks a little different. For one, it’s longer than usual. I have been part of everything! From potty training to multiplication facts. I love that I haven’t missed a minute of my kids amazing accomplishments, silly shows, ideas and antics. We’ve done more theme days, ice cream parties, stuffy toys. We’ve also eaten more homemade foods, tried new things and welcomed new projects with success! My favorite is adopting our first cat into our home, a true leap and worth it. 


I’d be amiss if I didn’t acknowledge more anxiety and worry from time to time, but worry happens because you love deeply and that I won’t apologize for. At least I can say that I have shouldered it well for the most part and my littles are happy. When I told my oldest I guess this year has been kinda weird he replied “what do you mean?” .... I’m going to take that as a no weirder than usual mom ! 


So, from our home looking back at 2020.... I’m going to smile and look forward with great courage and supreme hope that we’ll embrace the treasures we’ve gained and use them in 2021 to be the bravest best year yet! 

Comments

Popular Posts