New Season and a New Adventure

 It was almost exactly this time last year that I took a deep breath and started this Be Brave Mom thing.... writing a local newspaper column and blogging. I ignited a passion I had forgotten I had. 

It’s also about this time last year that as a mom I was choking back tears at the end of summer fun and start of school. Sending my son off on the big yellow bus and hoping he would too be brave. 


I would tell my past self to hang on tight if I could, I’d tell my past self you are not going to believe what’s coming up. My past self probably wouldn’t either. But since March it seems a virtual tornado of health, politics and upheaval have swirled us around hoping it would end soon. My whole family is home, my kids’ school is no longer a place to go to, my column is done as is the paper I wrote for....all changed by the tornado of upheaval we’ve been battling. 


Much like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, it often takes that tornado of upheaval to show you there’s no place like home. 


So as we enter September, this mom is channeling every ounce of bravery I have, to bring sanity and fun in our latest adventure.... homeschooling.


We love our local school, I so value the connections my son has made in his past years so far, but school right now for everyone is far from the valuable resource we are used to. And knowing this isn’t  changing, as a family we decided to embark into homeschooling this year and provide the best chance at learning for both my kids at home. 


So here I am... 3rd grade and pre-k teacher?! Here we go with lesson plans, craft projects, fun snacks to make multiplication more fun too and crazy markers to help learn those abc’s! 


I am so very nervous and excited to take on this adventure. I know we will succeed because we are together at home. I know that there is no one better suited to take this challenge on than us! I know that in this season of weird and wonderful we will find our way, as Brave adventurers .... 




Comments

Popular Posts