I will stay Brave

I am your safe place. It’s not intended to be a lot of pressure, in fact as your safe place I should feel honored and rewarded .... and I am. I am the person who you run to when you’re scared, I am the arms that comfort it all away when there’s too much to bare... I am your mom. I will always be there to make it better, even if just being there is all I can do. 

Lately the world outside our bubble is more relatable to fiction novels/movies than real life, but that’s exactly what it is. There is an unknown virus causing the world panic and protesters reacting in violence to violence. So very much hate and fear swirl outside our home, and I keep it there as best I can. 

I want to protect you fiercely beyond even your comprehension. I keep hoping these monsters of our outer world will vanish and you’ll not be the wiser to their complete terror. We aren’t in denial, you know the basics of what’s going on, but I will shelter you from the harshness that terrifies even my 39 year old heart. 

I stay Brave for you, and focus on the positives, our health, home and most of all adventure that lies in every action we do. I stay Brave and power threw every day with a familiar rhythm and a few surprises.

I realize our little world is filled with unnecessary drama at times an my gratitude for all we have can be shaken by that of a quickly read tweet or news blurb. Still I stay Brave for you. Because I am your safe place, your comfy lap, your world right now. I will stay Brave for you. 

Comments

Popular Posts