I HATE Potty Training


I’m not shy about my absolute least favorite parenting task ... potty training. I can handle colds, you will get better; picky eating, you will not starve; weaning, giving up binkies, 2nd grade math homework! But it’s explaining to a tiny a version of yourself how to stop deficating in their pants and start doing it in a toilet that gets me 
🤯
And here’s the really tough thing... I get and empathize with the little one. Seriously? I’m asking her to give up doing a daily / several times a day necessary impulse a way she has literally done it ALL HER LIFE and sit half naked (granted this part she likes) on a towering seat with a hole in it to do this now. If I were her I’d be all WTF too!! 

I see posts on 3 day boot camp and letting the kid run naked all day and not leaving the house to magically be potty trained in 3 days?! If you can do it more power to you- I’m gonna keep my worry and stress to the boiling state it’s in and not have bare butt and pee pandemonium today! 


So here I go on kid #2. With no magic in my pocket just a few potty princess books, a bank growing pull up expense account and a fake smile. Kid # 1 took forever and we did it with bribes and iPads and a whole lot of frustration, I mean patience...

I’m entering week 2 this time and spend more of my day in the bathroom than not. I keep switching up busy tasks and timing, incentives and excitement options. 
I have to keep reminding myself I’m gonna miss this, and yet I doubt this very instance I will. Lol
💁🏻‍♀️





Comments

Popular Posts