Clouds


Today we laid in the grass slightly under a tree in the front yard and the clouds just put on a show. A horse, a dolphin, a 🤷🏻‍♀️ and that was when it happened... laughing... giggling really.

My heart felt like I did something right just then, not pushing so hard to get anything done but just lay in the grass a second or two and look at the clouds with my littlest girl who is getting so big.  

Then just as soon as it started the moment was done, an alarm rang on my phone and it was time to run down the driveway to meet the bus. An entire new set of
thoughts entered my head like: hope he did ok at school; wonder how much homework we'll have tonight; I need to get dinner started soon .... 

It's ok to never know what's coming off the bus, and the attention span of a three year old is as fleeting as the very clouds that captured our attention just moments before. I felt bad that we had to switch gears and catch the bus and stop cloud gazing, but actually I think we would've anyway. 


So happy that we did though ... because today, that minute, was really good.


 

Comments

Popular Posts