My Little Coach


 

At age 41 I’ve never learned how to ride a bike. 


I grew up in a rural yard with no where to learn, and as I got older never wanted to/ was too busy/ maybe a little scared/foolish to try to learn. 


This past Mother’s Day my family got me the most beautiful blue bike! It’s pastel and perfect, with a basket on the front and a phone and cup holder! 


My daughter instantly wanted to bike with mom, BUT I didn’t know how. So, I’m learning. Practicing a lot, I started with a shuffle, so humbling…. Now I’ve progressed to streaks of pedaling and I’m doing it. I’m doing it all with my kids zooming in circles around me as I find my way and ding my daisy bell in victory. 


I’m trying to think of the last time I learned on such a curve, and know mom’s example is shining as my kiddos start to coast on their own two wheels. I’m proud of me and what I’m doing . So simple yet frustratingly hard. A fantastic reminder that my example in others ways can be just as important, to be brave mom. 

Comments

Popular Posts